Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Decorating!

Ack! Christmas is just around the corner and I still have lots of gift shopping to do. At least we got all our Christmas decorations up around here. The kids really enjoyed decorating this year. We had a blast putting up our Christmas Village...



...and decorating our tree! We have a big Tree Decorating Party every year. Complete with Christmas music blasting, plates of goodies, and lots of ornaments. We are also required to wear a special Christmas hat (elf, Santa, angel, snowman, reindeer or Santa headband).

For our treats this year, we had Reese's peanut butter cups, Christmas M&M's, hot cocoa Chex Mix, cheese squares, candy cane Oreo's, Eggnog and sparkling grape juice! Ashley kept saying it was the "best day ever" and loved the party. Zack wasn't feeling very well, but was doing a lot better, so we set up his little foldout couch next to the treats in case he wanted to lay down. He perked up though and really enjoyed himself. Natalie mostly plopped herself next to the treats, but then started understanding the ornament hanging. It was hard to get her to be careful with the ornaments, but she did pretty good. She is even (mostly) leaving them alone on the tree now!

I just realized I meant to take more pictures, but didn't :( However, Josh set up his camera so we could enjoy watching our tree decorating party again later. It is pretty funny to see because it is in hyperspeed...



The kids of course love this video and have already watched it many times!

5 comments:

Moo Moo J said...

That is super cute! How fun! I love the super speed. How did he do that? I am so not technologically advanced! Merry Christmas to you guys. How are you? Naomi just said yesterday that she really misses Ashley!

Em

Lisa M said...

I love the decorating party.... so cute!!

The Murrow Family said...

That was so cute! I wish the decorations really DID go up that fast, and that I even allowed the kids in the room when I decorate the tree! I've come to realize that I'm such a Christmas nazi!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Sorry it took us so long to check out your recent blog entry. A little late. But we love the video of the tree going up. That's awesome! We miss you guys, and can't wait for Alaska!

Cheri said...

I really like the Snow Village. It looks so cute! I also, of course, love the video.