Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Thank you to my family and friends for thinking of me. I felt very loved today!

A few highlights of my day:

Natalie woke up from about 4 am to 6:30! She had come down to our bedroom and we pulled her in. Bad mistake, after an hour I put her back in her bed, but she still had quite the difficulty going back to sleep. Thankfully, she slept in until 10:30, so after Zack went to preschool with our carpool, Ashley and I cuddled on the couch (while I napped) and then we enjoyed breakfast and morning chatting by ourselves. Natalie then woke up and joined us for hot chocolate (see following post).

Ashley was going to argue with me about something, but instead said, "Okay, because it is your birthday."

I got lovely flowers from my in-laws and a few goodies from friends! Lots of well wishes from everyone have made my day.
The kids had a lovely birthday surprise for me. They collected all the "flowers" from the lawn for me and were so excited to find a lot of different varieties! I guess it is time to mow and get the weed killer out...

Josh had a tougher day, but he still made time for me and made me feel important to him. We went out to eat at Rosa's, and because he had to go to an important church meeting, we plan to celebrate again tomorrow at a Shogun's type place!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Yea for birthdays! Glad it was great!

Carrie said...

I realize I'm a little late, but happy birthday! That's not the big 3-0, is it?

Laura said...

Thanks for the well wishes! It is actually 31! So, at least I got 30 over last year :)