Wednesday, September 16, 2009
King for a Day
On Josh's birthday, the kids had a blast! We went to a party store to get a balloon and streamers, and the kids asked what kind of party Dad was going to have....spiderman, batman, etc. I said that usually adults don't have a theme to their party like that. They were really confused and adamant that he needed a theme too! So, we found a king crown and decided he would be the King. I gave each child a streamer with instructions to decorate how they wished (they actually did a great job) and then they took all the blankets they could find to lay down like a red carpet. They each had little teeny horns and when they blew their horns, dad was allowed to come out and see the surprise. We crowned him, said "You majesty" many times, had birthday cake, and gave him a royal massage. The 4 of us rotated between rubbing his head, his back, his calfs, and his feet. We used his mini massager birthday present and the kids thought that was fabulous to use. Josh said he got a pretty good massage! The kids were sure to "follow his every command" the rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE this idea!!!! I think we will do that for Jerry's birthday next week!!!
Yeah, great idea. Dave and I have talked about being the King and Queen on our birthdays. On Dave's past birthdays, it's always, "The King requests this..." kind of talk. He definately needs a crown to go with it! How great of the kids to give him a massage though! That must've been nice!
Post a Comment