Monday, October 19, 2009

Funny kids...

Ashley: Upon hearing that Jenny was at a Miley Cyrus concert, Ashley asked me to text Jenny to take a picture. When we saw the picture, Ashley noticed the stage was far away and if I could see Hannah Montana on the stage. When I told her no, she quietly muttered to herself, "Darn it..." It was really cute.

Ashley has convinced Zack that lots of little rocks they have collected are really eggs. She has even gone so far to draw "cracks" on them to convince him that they might be hatching soon. Josh and I have let this play out because she is doing it to make Zack happy and have a fun imaginative time with him. We are curious to see how it will end. So, one day, Ashley said, "Mom, I have a big problem. I don't know what to do next because the rocks really aren't going to hatch." I said, "Yea, that is a problem. What are you going to do?" "Can we buy teeny tiny robots or something? Or how about switching them for real eggs that really can hatch?" Upon being told that wasn't possible, she lamented, "I just don't want to tell him. He'll be so sad..." The saga continues. I think for now, she is going with the "don't mention the eggs again and see if he forgets about them" strategy. I think it is working as he hasn't mentioned the eggs in a long time.

Zack: "I want everything transformers for my birthday. I just LOVE transformers!"

He is sure his new sandals are speed shoes. Ashley showed him where a special button is on the top of his shoes. When he presses it, he can then run super fast.

Constantly draws and writes letters to friends, family, teachers. I think he would love a whole ream of plain white paper as a gift. We have stacks of letters to mail to people and he has some regular pen pals from school, church, etc. I think he could draw or write everyday from dawn to dusk and wouldn't tire of it.

Natalie: Loves to drag her dance shoes out almost everyday to put them on and dance around the room :)

Regularly bursts into the Dora the Explorer theme song. She knows every word and loves to sing it anywhere (grocery stores, car rides, home, restaurants) whenever she thinks of it. Another favorite song is from the radio at Christmas. She so cutely sings, "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away. This "ear" to save me some tears, I'll give it to someone special, special."

2 comments:

The Hardy Party! said...

Cute stories!! I love hearing cute things like that. You've gotta get videos of singing and dancing! Those are always fun!

Cheri said...

I can't believe Ashley and Zack are still on those rocks!! Hilarious. Tough situation though.

I love it that Zack writes. Cute.

You should tape Natalie singing that song. Grace is all about dancing but not so much into learning lyrics.