Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthday girls!

Having just celebrated both girls' birthdays, I am feeling so thankful for my beautiful girls! Natalie's 2nd birthday was yesterday, and Ashley's 6th b-day is today. I can't believe how big everyone is getting!

Here's our cute Natalie. She entered our family as this cute little bundle:

Everyone was so excited that she joined our family:

and now she is 2! You can tell she had a great time at our IHOP birthday celebration with pancakes and chocolate milk ...
Her favorite present was her new easy dress dolly:

She knew just what to do when those 2 lit candles came out--she blew them right out :)

Ashley really enjoyed the phone calls and presents she got for her birthday. One of her favorite presents was this new mermaid dress-up.

I have always wanted to be mother. We had to go through a lot with both of these pregnancies and I am thankful for modern medicine and good doctors. I still remember our 2 years of trying to get pregnant with Ashley and our very first pregnancy resulting in a miscarriage. We were so excited when we finally got to hold her in our arms for the first time.

Here is a great picture of Ashley with her Aunt Heather!

I am so thankful for the blessings that come from being a mother. I am also thankful for girls! Having 2 girls is so much fun...although I am thrilled to have my cute boy too :)

No comments: