
We started out with TONS of silly games. We had blown up 50 balloons and had them all over the floor.
1. Pop the balloon: Find a balloon with a candy in it. You have to pop the balloon to get the candy! (This was hilarious to watch the different methods used to pop the balloon.)
2. Balloon relays: Place a balloon between your knees and hop, or walk very funny, trying to get to the door and back. Next, find a partner, place the balloon between your heads and again go to the door and back.
3. Balloon Fight!4. Mummy Wrap: I gave each child their own toilet paper roll. With a partner, they took turns wrapping each other all up. Lots of laughter and toilet paper everywhere on this one. At the end, I had them all wrap up Ashley (along with Zack since we had an odd number and he didn't get wrapped yet) and that ended up turning into a toilet paper fight. The kids really enjoyed it because how many times do you get to play with a whole roll of toilet paper?

5. Donut eating off a string
6. Hula Hoop game: 2 lines, holding hands, have to get everyone in their line through the hula hoop. This one was a little bit hard because they kept dropping their hands.7. Twister
8. Dance and freeze when the music stops. Crazy dancing encouraged! (I used this to fill up extra time and at the beginning).
9. Chicken Dance and Bunny Hop (These were also fillers for the beginning).10. Parachute: We put all the balloons in the middle and had great time bouncing them in the air. Of course, we also had to get under it.

When it was time to open presents, I had all the kids sit in a circle. One person would spin a silly straw and whoever it was pointing to got to give her gift to Ashley and then spin it herself for the next person. This kept everyone pretty entertained.We also had some great silly pictures. . .


For a silly cake, I made this ice cream cone cake! I even frosted the cake with buttercream icing and had fun decorating it with lots of dots.


The kids loved it because it looked like ice cream. We also used trick candles with several kids trying to blow them out at the end. We paired it with Cookie Dough ice cream.

Betty Crocker's Ice Cream Cone Cake:
1 Box Betty Crocker Supermoist party rainbow chip cake mix
(Also need vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake box)
24 flat bottom ice cream cones
1-2 containers Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy frosting (or make your own like I did--I just used Wilton's Buttercream Icing recipe).
1. Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup 2/3 full of batter (1 heaping Tablespoon each). Place ice cream cone upside down on batter in each cup.
3. Bake 15-20 min or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove paper baking cups. Generously frost cake with frosting and decorate as desired.
My tip: Since I wanted the finished product to look like a big cake, after frosting each top I would place it on a cookie sheet very close to the previous cone. The frosting helped them stick together at the top and give it stability.
At the end, we passed out little treat bags with silly straws, silly glasses, and sour candy (to make silly faces).
It was a lot of fun, but boy was I exhausted at the end. I noticed the kids were drinking a lot at the table so they were partying hard as well! Natalie was asleep for most of it, but woke up just in time for cake and silly dancing. She loved all the kids being there. Zack can't wait for his silly six party someday now...at least I have 2 years to build up my energy for that one!

3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! You are one ambitious mama to invite so many kids!
Your kids are adorable!
What a fabulous idea! This is the cutest party idea I've seen and you'd better believe I'll be borrowing it some day.
The pics are fun, the kids are cute, and the mamma is BRAVE!!!
Great job!
Laura--- so cute! I seriously wish I could have gone to that party as one of Ashley's friends so I could join in on all the fesitivities! So fun! The kids looked like they had a ball! Bravo.
Post a Comment