Monday, October 6, 2008

My Award-Winning Photographer

I am so proud of Josh! He has been compiling his portfolio for years and has now been in 2 shows with more to come. At his last show, in downtown Fort Worth, he also won an honor award for his photography! The kids and I joined him for a while one morning, and then I went back that night leaving the kids with a babysitter. It was really fun to see him "in his element" talking with all the people admiring (with some buying) his work.


The kids also really enjoyed seeing their daddy's hard work up for all to see. As we sat on the curbside, eating fried plantains from a food vendor, they would eagerly watch as people would come up to the booth. I know they would have jumped at the chance to be a salesmen if they were given the opportunity.

His next show is in 2 weeks in Houston. According to the Event Staff at the Fort Worth show, the Bayou City Art Festival is in one of the top 10 shows in America. In my own research, I found it to be ranked 4th-6th. We both think it is amazing that he got into this show while just starting out. We plan to leave the kiddos with grandma in College Station so I can help him. It is quite a lot of work to set-up (about 4 hours) and break down (about 2 hours) and really hard for one person to do. It will be better to do it together. We hope everyone will have a chance to see his booth someday, but for now...please admire his work at joshtrefethen.com and also here!

On a recent trip to Greece, he captured some beautiful shots. Here is an example of one of his top photos from Santorini, Greece:


Also, for those Twilight fans, check out the photo below on a beach near La Push as well as these:

9 comments:

Lisa M said...

Beautiful!! Beautiful!! Beautiful!!

Carrie said...

I know I've been highly impressed by what I've seen of his (I followed a link once on your sister's website to some of his galleries). He's very talented!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

I'm so glad that I'm related to you Josh. : ) Nice job on already getting an award at a photo show! Although I'm really not surprised. You've taken some amazing photos. Can't wait to see you guys in Dec.

Carrie said...

These pictures are AMAZING! I enjoyed poking around his website as well.

Cheri said...

We're so proud of Josh too! Good Luck in Houston!

The Hardy Party! said...

Awesome job, Josh! I showed my sister-in-law, Deanna, your pictures on your website and she thought they were beautiful, as well. She was very impressed!

Heather said...

Great job Josh! We are all so proud to be related to you! I have said it before-- but some day (when we actually have space) Todd and I definitely want to buy one of your pics.

Moo Moo J said...

Laura,

i was cleaning out my email tonight and found an email Jared sent me with your blog address! It was fun to look through it all! Josh is very talented and I am so sad we had to miss the silly six party! You definitely took it to a whole new level! You are so good at stuff like that! Can't wait to see you soon, Naomi really misses Ash! Love ya! Em

p.s. our blog is jemnmtref.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i am so impressed with josh's pictures. all my friends that go to my blog are impressed too. :) glad you found my blog so i could find your blog so we can now blog together.