We saw this great story in the LDS Friend Magazine about a family who made a "reverence tent" while they watched General Conference, just like the people pitched their tents as they watched King Benjamin's address to them.
My kids got all excited about this idea and it turned out even better than I expected. We set it up with the kitchen chairs and blankets. They had a great time pretending we were outside, watching, and listening to our prophet while enjoying their snacks and coloring. I was surprised how reverent they were and how much they ended up listening. Ashley really enjoyed making lists of words she heard throughout the talks while Zack happily ate his snacks while relaxing on a pillow under the tent. Natalie loved her snacks, being under the tent, and jumping on daddy, so...at 2 years old, she enjoyed the rest of conference taking a nice nap. This idea was fantastic for Josh and I because we were able to listen a lot more as well. I know we will definitely do this again next time!

3 comments:
You guys come up with the best ideas! We plan on stealing all these good ideas for our kids, hope you know. And great job with the "Silly Six" party, too. Wish I could've been there.
Todd
I love the idea. That is really fun!!
Cute! I'm impressed it kept all three of your kids occupied. Christopher would have torn that down in 2 second flat. =)
Benjamin really enjoyed Conference with his Conference BINGO and General Authorities' Ties activity. It was nice when Christopher wasn't bugging him and eating the Cheerio markers.
Post a Comment