Skagway was a cute little town with an old-town feel. Some of us woke up early to hike out to Gold Rush Cemetary and
Reid Falls. This
shot is of the upper part of the falls. It was beautiful! The cemetery was also interesting because of the very old tombstones.


My dad and I left the falls first so we could get back to the cruse ship and help those left with the kids. We knew we were pushing the time to catch the bus back to town so we started to jog. We neared the bus stop and my dad yells that the bus is coming. I go into a dead sprint, running as hard as I can. It was just like a movie where the bus speeds past with the person running behind it waving their arms trying to get it to stop. It didn't stop...I got a good work out though!
My dad and I then walked back to town, and passed the local LDS church on the way. Interestingly enough, our bus driver on the way to the Falls was LDS and told us about the members there. They apparently have about 80 or so members in the summer and then only about 25? in the winter. Apparently, there are a lot of people that come up to this area just for the "warmer" summers.

We then all went on a 4x4 trek up the mountain to have a halibut bake and beautiful views. We drove these mule carts which were pretty powerful. It was a lot of fun and the halibut was very good.





Uncle Todd and Natalie. We all couldn't believe she fell asleep on the way because it was so bumpy.

Zack's pictures:


Our cruise ship:

KidZone activities tonight was Prince/Princess night!
2 comments:
Oh my- what AMAZING adventures!!!
I bet that old cemetery was cool. I am always amazed at how many Church members there are in Alaska considering its low population. That 4x4 tour was a BLAST! Good pick you guys!
Post a Comment