Monday, April 27, 2009

Cute conversations

A conversation between Natalie and I last night:
"Oh no, your baby's crying! Can you help her?"
(Nat) "Where's baby's mommy?"
"Are you baby's mommy? You could be the mommy and help her feel better."
(Nat) "No, I not her mommy. I little Natalie."
So, she found a bigger baby and said, "Here's baby's mommy!"

Later, I told Josh about what she had said and he asked her, "Are you the baby's mommy?" She said, "No, I the baby sister."


Conversations with Zack:
"Here you go babe" (as I was helping him get into his carseat)
(Zack) "I'm not babe."
"Sorry, buddy."
(Zack) "No"
"Well, what can I call you then?"
(Zack) "Speedboy."

Zack was reflecting on his future career choices...
"Mom, what can I be when I grow up?"
We talked about tons and tons of different career choices: taking pictures or working on the computer like daddy, being a doctor like granddaddy, working with animals, helping people with their money (he is big into earning money lately), teacher, etc.
(Zack) "I could be a worker."
"What kind of worker?"
(Zack) "Working to build houses or sidewalks."
"Yea, you could do that."
(Zack) "But I don't have any bricks...I could be spiderman"
"Oh yea?"
(Zack) "But I don't have any clothes that fly."
"Hmmmm"
(Zack) "What about superman?"
"You know there are jobs that are like superheroes because they help people. Jobs like doctors, firemen, policemen. Remember the ambulance guys that came when Ashley was hurt? (side note: she hit the corner of a door on her forehead and was bleeding quite a lot!) You could do that and help people."
(Zack) "Hmmm. I don't know what I should do!"
"Well, it is a good thing you have a long time to think about it while you grow up."


Conversations with Ashley...
Ashley has also been contemplating her future. She is sure she wants to be a ballerina in the Nutcracker, a mom, and a .....rock-painter. She really loved painting the rocks over spring break and said she would love to do more of that. At school, they had to draw what they wanted to be when they grew up and she said she wanted to be a rock-painter. I bet her teacher has never had that answer before! Maybe we'll have to paint a family rock or something.

After thinking about Bindi the Jungle Girl, she decided she wanted to be a jungle girl and a rock-painter. She said they would work well together because she "could walk through the jungle while finding rocks to paint." This coming from a girl who FREAKS out seeing any kind of spider, bug, even a fly.

No comments: