My mom was worried about how her knees would do, but she was proud that she had no problems! Everyone commented on the smart idea of using ski poles as walking sticks.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Enchanted Rock
On our spring break trip, we went to Enchanted Rock State Park. The kids LOVED hiking up the huge rock and did really well.
We all had buddies: Natalie rode on Granddaddy's shoulders all the way up.
Ashley was my buddy and Zack was Josh's. They both enjoying charging up that rock!

My sister Jenny brought a friend on our trip, Brandi.
Zack was quite taken with her. After we got to the top, everyone rested a bit. I love this picture because Zack was really excited to lay down next to Brandi.

We made it!
We then went to an area where there were tons of rocks to climb over and explore under.

Jenny and Brandi explored in the really dark crevices that go all the way to the bottom, but even with the aid of a cute boy who stayed behind from his group to "help" them, they got scared and went back.
My mom was worried about how her knees would do, but she was proud that she had no problems! Everyone commented on the smart idea of using ski poles as walking sticks.
On the way down, Natalie started on Josh's shoulders, but he felt her really drooping. She had fallen asleep and he held her sleeping on the rest of the way down. Zack was my buddy (we were hurrying our tails off to get to the restroom) and Ashley and Granddaddy were buddies who went "exploring" down a different path they thought would be shorter, but wasn't. They had a great time figuring out how they should get down.
My mom was worried about how her knees would do, but she was proud that she had no problems! Everyone commented on the smart idea of using ski poles as walking sticks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun! I've never been but I think that's twice maybe 3 times for Mom and Dad. Every time I hear about it, I wish I could have gone.
Also, I love Mom's shirt, such a cute color orange and it looks so cute on her.
Zack cracks me up about Brandi. What a little charmer!
-LOVE the picture of Zack laying next to Brandi. The expression on his face says it all.
Looks like a fun trip. We're thinking about doing a camping trip there this spring or possibly in the fall. I'll have to ask you a few questions about it soon.
Post a Comment