Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter

Easter was very nice this year. Josh's parents and brother Parker came up to visit and we enjoyed a little boating, some yummy food, movie watching, and Easter decorating and egg hunting. The kids really liked spending time with their grandparents, especially since we hadn't seen Grandpa for a while (he was on a research vessel for Texas A&M for several months.)

For one of the movies, we watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," a WWII film about a Nazi concentration camp. It was very interesting, but the ending completely caught me off guard. I recommend the movie for those who enjoy movies of that terrible time period.

On a more upbeat note, we LOVED decorating Easter eggs with dye, food-safe markers, and stickers.
Don't they look so cute? Ashley and Natalie loved being twins and Natalie said she loved her "dancing dress."
Everyone loved looking for the eggs. The Easter bunny hid them inside since outside was all wet and soggy.
While opening all the eggs, I noticed Natalie would open and eat, open and eat, etc. I asked Grandpa how much she had eaten and he said "Alot!" Needless to say, we put the candy away after that. I didn't want any tummy aches!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

They look adorable! I love the girls' dresses, great colors! In the egg dying photo of Ashley, she looks just like a little Laura.

Grace ate a lot of candy too but she only ate her jelly beans. For some reason, she decided she didn't like chocolate that day. What kid doesn't like chocolate!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

I love the Easter dresses! That is one of my favorite traditions at Easter. I miss those cute kids!